To Gospel singers/musicianns: You don't need money to promote your songs, you need the presence of God in your song

By Shedy Elisha - October 04, 2018


Its important you know that gospel songs that have made lasting mark, gone viral and people still listen to them are songs God gave.
It is not your sweet voice nor your money that promote and give your song long life, it is how much of the presence of God in your song that promotes your song and makes it a must listen by everyone. The presence of God in your song makes your song a good song not even the instrumentation. I have come to realise that its not how much you push into promotions and publicity of a song that makes the song go viral but it is how much of the presence of God the song carries that promotes the song. With my promotion, publicity and advertisement experience I've acquired within this short time via IAMBESTNETWORKS, I've understood that if you are into gospel music and God is not present in your song, no matter how much you spend on promotion, the song will only be heard just for few days and won't last long but when a song carries God(when it is been inspired by God) even if you put in just little amount  of money into promotion, the song goes viral.

In my promotion career and as a media person, I've seen situations whereby gospel singers put in hundred of thousands of naira to promote their song using various blogs, radio stations and different promotion platforms but at the end of the day, the song does not last more than 2 days circulating and it is out of use(it fades away). I've also  witnessed situations that a song  promoted in just a single platform or on a blog that doesnt even have customized domain name(.com) but it goes viral - it promotes itself. The difference is not in how much they both spent on promotion but its in how much  the Presence of God the song carries. Even if you have the finest voice and you use the best music technique to write and record your song, paid all bloggers to promote the song if it doesn't carry God, sorry it will only trend on the internet, people will download, listen to the song and delete at the same time.
Alright dont get it twisted, I am not saying you should not promote your song, infact as Christian singers/musicians we need more of promotion both on the internet especially and on physical platforms to reach the world in its entirety. Also, all I am saying as a Christian blogger and promoter that I am is that as a singer or musician that you are,  you first put more effort in recording songs inspired by God(giving to you by God) than putting more effort on just promotion. When your song is good and it carries God, you won't spend much on promotion.

 Personally, I have promoted songs on my own with out been paid by the singers, infact songs that I have never met nor spoken to the singers and the singers till now do not know I  promoted their songs just because I listened to the song and it blessed and touched me. As a Christian singer/ musician, seat to get songs from God don't write songs through head knowledge. If you write and record songs from your head  only, without God, after promoting it with plenty money it will only go viral in "your phone" in less than a week.
Well, as bloggers generally, we do our best to get your song promoted and we get paid but I had an urge to write this piece to Christian singers and musicians. Its not all about the money, its doing the right thing and using God's gift accurately to bless souls. I know some bloggers may not like this because its like I am chasing away customers but I should and must obey the inner voice that asked me to do this.
So finally, its not like I don't want your money as a blogger and its not like I can not promote you perfectly, sure I can but let's get the first thing right and that is, sitting at God's feet to get heavenly sent songs.

I leave you with this words, don't plan to promote your music when its not carrying God, you will end up wasting your finance. Let your songs come from God and it will be easy for you to promote and you won't struggle to get promotion.
I am Shedy Elisha
Let's socialize:
Facebook: Shedy Elisha
Twitter & Instagram: @shedyelisha

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments