Learn to patronise your friends and pay. If you don't pay, you are wicked!

By Shedy Elisha - September 26, 2018


Conversation between me and my friend (business man, he sales shoes)
Pidgin(informal) English inclusive in the conversation.

Friend: shedy how u dey? abeg I want to promote my business, how e go be?

Me: OK na, no wahala... Make you just send me your details and photos of your business. We dey charge for promotion o but base on say u be my friend, just bring anything....

Friend: Haba Shedy, na wao, you no fit do free things for person. Guy money no dey. Me and you na paddy o

Me: Excuse me, I no understand. Shey na free u dey sale ur shoe? Come first, u don ever give me ur shoe for free or reduce money for me?

Friend: Haba, nothing dey to post and share na. Very simple thing.

Me:Data na free? I pay to get data. How about my time? you need to pay for these things. So you dey do business, dey gain money. U dey grow but you no want make I grow?

Friend: Baba, no worry sha... When I ready I go call you

At the end of the day, my friend went somewhere else to promote his business and he paid times 2 of my company's standard promotion price. Remember, I didn't charge him, I just asked him to bring whatsoever he has.

Alright, its very unfortunate that  friends and families do not want to patronise their friends or relatives in business. They will always want free things and infact some friends and family prefer paying others instead of paying those they are close to. If you don't patronise your friend or relative's business but want free things, then you are wicked. How can you be this wicked that you want to bring down your close allies business. If you love and care about your friend or relatives business then you should patronise them and pay for services rendered or items bought. They want to grow, don't kill their businesses by demanding free things. Its a different thing if they themselves say you shouldn't pay. I think to save your integrity, make an effort to pay and let them be the one to say "don't worry" or "never mind" instead of you wanting it all for free. If you do so then you are wicked. Business grow faster when family and friends pay for services or items bought at the same time the set of people that kills business are friends and families.
Learn to support your friends and relatives who do business by paying up.
NB: This article is not personal, its not directed to anyone and does not refer to any of my 'true' friends. 
- I am Shedy Elisha
Let's connect on social media:
Facebook: Shedy Elisha
Instagram & Twitter: @shedyelisha

    • Share:

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments